Friday fingers // Marbleized nails


I've always been mesmerized by marbles, oh the mixture of the twirls and swirls inside of them are just perfect. Each one is different and unique, just like these nails. So get yourself to the kitchen because im sure all of you have the supplies needed! Also I'd like to apologize for my funky nails. I chipped a couple while rock climbing. I must say, ever since I started its been hard to keep a steady relationship with my nails. Sometimes it just seems pointless, but atlas I find myself doing it either way. Anyways here is three quick and easy steps to get your nails looking "marbleous".

Materials

#1. Dark nail polish (I used a dark purple)
#2. A grayish polish
#3. Top coat
#4. Plastic wrap


Step one: Paint your nails with your dark polish. This will be your base coat.



Step two: Once your nails are 100% dry, it is time to coat your nails with the gray polish (literally paint over the base coat). You will need to work fast while doing this, and one nail at a time. The second you paint your nail grab your plastic wrap, crumple it up, and dab your nail until you get the desired pattern.





Step three: Top coat it up & done!

Cheers
Hope you enjoy your weekend!


14 Comments

  1. They look awesome! Also, I love your ring, it's so cute!

    Laura
    http://casetadepaper.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't actually really tell what the nails loo like because the photos are too small - but I will try this anyways!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah man really??! Well if you click on the images they enlarge. Try it out and let me know if that's better. Sorry about that.

      Melissa

      Delete
  3. Looks fantastic! I've tried this before, It didn't turn out quite as beautiful as yours haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I should try this. Maybe it would make it less obvious when I chip my nails? Because I always do. My nails never stay perfect for more than a day, no matter what polish I use. I think I just use my hands too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so much better than the water marble technique! And it looks so much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually is! things get much messier with water marbling. At least for me it does.

      Melissa

      Delete
  6. These nails are soc lever! Did yo come up with this yourself. I am very impressed. Hope your weekend is going famously. xx. McKenna Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I wish I discovered it through experimenting. Instead I ran into this technique going google crazy. Weekend was great! Hope yours was grand as well.

      Melissa

      Delete
  7. i love your blog Melissa!! such cool ideas you come up with :)

    and if you ever wanna go on an adventure in LA call me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man your super sweet! I really appreciate it :) & YES that would be awesome let me know whenever you've got a plan on your sleeve.

      Melissa

      Delete
  8. Oh I love it! So cute! I will definitely try this in the future!! I like that the marble look will be different for each nail! =)

    I love your blog, I'm definitely going to follow you on bloglovin! Nice fresh ideas! =)

    Have a great day!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are too kind Chloe!

      Melissa

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top
Pin It button on image hover