D.I.Y Fabric notebooks


I dont know about you, but I've always had a love for school supplies. Doesnt matter the time of the year, a new notebook or set of new inky pens just makes me the happiest. But what to do with those old left over notebooks? The old ones that have lost its shine. Well, make them brand new again!


supplies:

#1. Old composition notebook


#2. Fabric. This is the perfect time to use any

left overs you have laying around

#3. Scissors


#4. Spray glue



Step one: Trim the side of the fabric you are going to use.


Step two: This is were things get messy. Spray the notebook with spray glue

but make sure you don't get it on the black portion of your notebook (black tape).
In other words only spray the pattern of the notebook.


Step three: Your going to want to work fast. Start by making sure the fabric is aligned

with the border of the notebook (black tape that holds it together). Then smooth out
the rest of the notebook, making sure all the wrinkles are pressed out.

Step four: Now that the fabric is attached to the notebook, its time to cut off the

fabric. What you need to do here is trace along the sides of the notebook.


Step five: Do the same to the other side. Wait for it to dry, and voila
you've got yourself a brand new notebook!

Cheers!



16 Comments

  1. So simple! this would be a great way to make personalized journals as well! great idea

    Sarah
    http://atticlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Looks great and modern too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a thing for notebooks and pens and love your good idea. It's a great way to transform the plain notebooks!

    loulou

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove notebooks, I think it's becoming a little bit of an obsession! That aztec one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one's my favorite! I love anything covered with that print.

      Melissa

      Delete
  5. Lovely idea!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog :D

    xo
    Princess Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love school supplies so much. I still get excited about paper and pencils and pens even though I'm not in school any more. I put your button up. :)
    Oh also followed you!
    xo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this! I should do this with my binders so my classes seem to be a bit more fun than they actually are.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually another reason why I transformed my notebooks! That and it turned out to be a great organizing tool. I added a patch of fabric to the spine of my school books that matched each notebook. That way I knew who belonged to who.

      Melissa

      Delete
  8. Oh love the covers! Great idea! And they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this idea. Very simple and cute. Xo Inna

    BAKING IN COUTURE
    www.bakingincouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these!!!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. definitely going to need to try this! love your DIYs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!! Such a great idea to cover up those plain ol' notebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great way to spruce up those drab notebooks! Might have to do this soon. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top
Pin It button on image hover